Heather Moorefield-Lang Talks Makerspaces

Watch

What surprises makerspace author, Heather Moorefield-Lang? Hear what Moorefield-Lang has to say about YOU.

About the Author

Heather Moorefield-Lang, EdD, is an assistant professor of library and information science at the University of South Carolina. Her current research focuses on makerspaces and their subsequent technologies in libraries of all types and levels. To learn more about Heather and her work, visit her website techfifteen.com, email her at moorefield-lang@sc.edu, or follow her on Twitter @actinginthelib.

What is your favorite book and why?

Jane Eyre. I am a sucker for British Literature and I have been a fan of Jane since high school. The “why” is hard to explain, I find Jane to be an amazing character, who is fierce and strong and lovely. I know the story of a man with a mad wife locked in the attic is far from ideal, but I just love that story.

What inspires you to write?

My peers in school librarianship. I was a k-12 librarian; I still write for my peers in that field.  After them, deadlines and tenure.

Which fictional world would you want to spend a day in?

I am going to go television for this. It’s not a wise choice, but I am going to go with Buffy the Vampire Slayer. (They’re in graphic novel format too!) I love the library, the Scooby Gang, the dialogue. Such a great story.

About the Book

When it comes to creating your own makerspace, a first step is to research the topic and draw on the experiences of other librarians. Dr. Moorefield-Lang has been researching best practices for makerspaces around the country (and the world!) for us to learn from and share.

Order Today

You can learn more about creating your own makerspace in School Library Makerspaces in Action, edited by Heather Moorefield-Lang (Libraries Unlimited, 2018). Click here to order and take advantage of the 20% discount. Code: Q21820

Join the Discussion